The Future of Marijuana Consumption: Vape Pens
Vape pens sound too good to be true: they’re so discreet that you can bring one to Sunday brunch (sharing optional), they’re so odorless that you can take an afternoon coffee-and-vape break in the middle of the work day, and they’re so portable that you could stick one in your pocket, clutch, or gym duffle for later. In a 32-question survey we conducted with over 10,000 cannabis consumers just like you, we found that over 50% of people consume cannabis daily, and about 60% of them are using vape pens. We also found that vaporizers are quickly becoming a favorite of consumers, even begining to rival flower sales.
But we don’t need to convince you to use your new weed vaporizer—we’re here to show you how to get the most out of it.
There’s a Vape Pen for Everyone: Buttonless vs. Push Button vs. All-In-One
Vaping isn’t rocket science. (Thank goodness.) Here at eaze, we offer two different types of vape pens, both of which give you a high-quality, satisfying, and smooth experience. The one that you choose depends on your lifestyle and experience level—whether you want a foolproof option or a customizable option.
Buttonless Vaporizer: Great for Training Beginners—and Everyone Else
There’s no button required: just inhale and enjoy. Yeah right, you may ask, what’s the catch? Really, we mean it, it’s a no-brainer to use, and it’s perfect for beginners who want to start medicating right out of the box. It heats oil at one temperature only, which means some thicker oils may not provide the desired vapor cloud. But it does the trick, and even if you upgrade later to a vape pen with more settings, this is a great backup or emergency option.
Push Button Vaporizer: Great for Experienced Users—and the Adventurous
Click, click, click. It does it all, and it’s easier to figure out than your smartphone. Once you’ve figured what you like—and yeah, we also care about what you don’t like—you can upgrade to this push button vaporizer, activated by the number of clicks. Amp the color-coded voltage up to 6V (blue), depending on the consistency of the oil in your cartridge. There’s no better go-to for testing out new oils.
All-In-One Vaporizer: Great for Grab-and-Go or Testing It Out
These chic one-time use vaporizers come without assembly or charging required, so the only decision you have to make is whether you’re in the mood for sativa, indica, or hybrid strains. Just puff until the vaporizer runs out of oil (about ~120 puffs), and recycle away. No commitment necessary.
How to use your vape pen
Step 1: Power Up
It’s just like charging your phone—maybe easier. Both the Buttonless Vaporizer and the Push Button Vaporizer are charged through USB port, so you don’t have to worry about finding adaptors while traveling and you can sit in the coffee shop with your laptop, quietly charging your vape pen without notice. When the light flashes, it’s time to power up. Here’s how:
- Remove the battery from the oil cartridge by unscrewing.]
- Connect the battery to the USB charger.
- Plug it in and wait until the light turns green. (Sorry, this part requires patience! Order another cup of coffee and maybe even a pastry.)
Step 2: Assembly Required (Just a Bit!)
If you know how to pour yourself a drink, you know how to assemble a vaporizer. (And we’re not talking fancy cocktails here.) This is all you have to do to assemble your vape pen:
- Remove the rubber plug at the top of the cartridge. Set it aside. (Don’t lose it!)
- Screw the mouthpiece and battery onto your cartridge.
- Tighten it again, just in case. (We don’t want to waste any oil—that would be a shame.)
Step 3: OK We Get It—The Step You’ve Been Waiting For!!!
If you have the Buttonless or All-in-One Vaporizer…
- Put the mouthpiece to your lips and draw in a deep breath for up to four seconds
- Exhale quickly and thoroughly. (THC enters your system within seconds of inhaling.)
- Wait a minute or two before inhaling again. If it’s your first time ever (!), wait 10 minutes and take some deep breaths
- Has it been 10 minutes and you still don’t feel anything? Take a second drag and repeat the process.
If you have the Push Button Vaporizer…
- Click x 5: Turn it on by pressing the button five times.
- Click x 3: Adjust the temperature, depending on the density of your oil, by pressing the button three times each to shift colors. 0V (the lowest) is red, 3V is green, and 6V (the highest) is blue.
- Click x 2: Preheat the oil by pressing the button twice. Don’t go anywhere—it will be ready in 10 seconds.
- Put the mouthpiece to your lips and draw in a deep breath for up to four seconds.
- Click x 5: Done? (For now, of course.) Turn it off by pressing the button five times.
Storage: It’s Portable, Not Unbreakable
Whether it’s your first vaporizer or your fifth one, take good care of it—don’t let the dog chew on it, and don’t let it accidentally leak into your pockets! We highly recommend investing in a small odor-proof vape case to keep your vape pen safe and hidden from busybodies. It doesn’t have to be fancy (although Edie Parker does make a $1295 Weed clutch that fits a vape pen, if that’s your life) and could just be a simple hard-shell pencil case. Specially made vape cases also include elastic straps to keep everything organized. Here’s how to disassemble your vaporizer:
- Unscrew the oil cartridge from the battery and mouthpiece, and put the rubber plug back on.
- Check for any leaks or spills. To clean, dab a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and gently rub over area. Wait until dry.
- Gently place in vape case for next time.
Pro Tips (from our in-house pros—you don’t have to be a “pro” to try them!)
- If your pen starts to feel too hot, turn it off and let it cool down for a few minutes to avoid further oil burning.
- Not vaping for a while? Place the rubber plug back on the bottom and store the cartridge upright in a cool, dark place.
- Unfortunately, you can’t vape underwater yet. Keep your vaporizer dry and away from rain and water.
- For the best quality and flavor from your oil cartridges, use them up within two weeks of opening.
- To clean your mouthpiece, avoid soap and water. Instead, dab a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and rub over the mouthpiece.
- Even if you’re a seasoned user, take your time between puffs! It’s not a race, even though we’re competitive at heart, too.
- Always remember, the pen is mightier than the herb: oil cartridges typically have a higher concentration of THC than flower. Start slow and low if you’re trying a new oil.
So what’s IN the cartridge?
Cannabis oil is an extract made by mixing cannabis flowers with a solvent. After the flower has been mixed with a solvent, the extraction process removes the plant matter and leaves behind a sticky, oily substance that contains a high concentration of active compounds (like THC and CBD). Cannabis oil is highly concentrated and oftentimes has a much higher THC percentage than raw flowers.